DECORATING BAY WINDOWS. DECORATIVE HOME ACCESSORY.
- A window built to project outward from an outside wall
- (bay window) a window that sticks out from the outside wall of a house
- (bay window) pot: slang for a paunch
- A bay window is a window space projecting outward from the main walls of a building and forming a bay in a room, either square or polygonal in plan. The angles most commonly used on the inside corners of the bay are 90, 135 and 150 degrees.
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
San Francisco, California
on right: 2517 Post (1891) "This Stick - Eastlake house is so late that even the strips are decorated. The independent roof of the bay window is lowered and aligned with a deep entablature of the main eaves" Olmstead / 'Here Today', 1969
on left: 2507 Post Street (1889) "flat pierced decoration within the pediments is a highlight of this prim Italianate cottage" Olmstead / 'Here Today', 1969
Mar 2011 345
#2517 Post Street (1891) between Lyon and Baker Streets
2515-2519 Post Street between Lyon and Baker Streets (1891) San Francisco
"This Stick - Eastlake house is so late that even the strips are decorated. The independent roof of the bay window is lowered and aligned with a deep entablature of the main eaves" Olmstead / 'Here Today', 1969
July 2011 026
how to decorate a living room with a fireplace
christmas decorating ideas
wooden easter decorations
primitive furniture and decor
fireplace mantle decor
easter cupcake decorating
country christmas decorating ideas